View Single Post
techiesteve

techiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz, MacBook 2.16 GHz, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheuter View Post
I suddenly receive a message that the disc on my Macbook Air is full. I haven't suddenly downloaded stuff so don't understand. I have moved all my music and photos onto an external hard drive but still only have 1.25GB of 1.2-ish GB left. Any ideas what is going on here and how to free up space? Whilst I have downloaded some additional programmes (google earth, google music player, open office) that shouldn't really lead to the mac running low on space?

thanks

Martin
What size is the hard drive or SSD flash storage device? "only have 1.25GB of 1.2-ish GB left." doesn't make sense. How much space do you have left? Have you tried adding up the total of your System, Library, Applications and User folder to see if it near enough matches what get info shows you have used?

Steve Bell
UK
QUOTE Thanks