View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
Not with wired connections, but with WiFi it's a known issue. I saw two articles on Mac sites just today on the topic, neither of which suggested a permanent fix. My fix was to not let the CPU sleep at all so that it stays connected, which works because I'm almost always on mains power. If you search for "wifi mavericks sleep" you'll get a ton of hits.
Yeah, I had read some suggestions that the TC firmware update was at fault, and I had been having general problems with Time Machine backups since Mavericks, but after all this time and no update, I figured that wasn't the case. I hadn't seen anything about WOL being at fault, but I hadn't been looking for that in particular. I have WOL re-enabled, so it'll be interesting to see if the problem is a combo of the two or not.

Oh shoot, I forgot till just now... I was having the lockups while wired also. Well we'll see what comes of it. I'll plan on giving Apple feedback on it. It is pretty shameful that this still isn't fixed.
QUOTE Thanks