View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Well, the day I've been predicting for a while is here:

Malware steals Apple IDs from jailbroken iPhones, iPads | Electronista

Jailbreaking was once something genuinely useful, but it ceased to be that a while back. Apple kept on putting in the features we jailbroke to get, and now (most) carriers will unlock your phone without a fight -- not much reason to JB left, particularly as those exploits are now too valuable to hackers to leave to people who are just trying to have fun or learn something.

I had to jailbreak to unlock my (original) iPhone when I changed countries, and while I was there I tried out a few nifty apps and such, but I knew the same flaw I relied on to get my phone unlocked could also have been used to compromise my data. I haven't jailbroken my latest iPhone and iPad and now I doubt I ever will again.
QUOTE Thanks