View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domulus View Post
Thanks for your suggestions.

After I've done that however, the folders "events", "faces", "places" will however still be there, no ?

My question, condensed, is:"How do I get rid of them" ? Their "being there" is what upsets me.

I want them gone.

Wow, I wish I had a life where I had so little going on that something like that -- a couple of alternative views (they are not folders) that I'm not required to ever look at -- would bother me that much ...

All three of those items are just alternate ways to see and find photos. They aren't folders, they're not duplicating anything. Events groups photos by time. Faces are a quick way to find all the photos of a particular person (useful, for example, when they die). Places is a quick way to find all the picture you've taken at a particular place.

That's all they are. If you don't want to use them, ignore them. You don't see me campaigning to have footnotes removed from all word processors just because I personally don't have any use for them, do you?

(this reminds me -- must launch campaign to rid the Mac platform of all spreadsheet programs since I hate them ...)

Take the "funny" pictures out of iPhoto and put them in a folder of their on in the Pictures folder, or start a new iPhoto library just for those if you prefer. No reason at all to have them mixed in with your personal pictures.
QUOTE Thanks