View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferren View Post
Would it were that simple!

The 256-GB internal drive from the MBP is housed in a USB case, whose little red LED glows brightly--but the drive is not recognized by the Mini. The instructions said something about replacing the word 'internal' with 'external', which makes sense--but where would one find the relevant file among the hundreds of possibilties?
I can only echo what ferrarr had to say. The instructions you keep referring to are simply wrong. Trust me, I have removed more than one internal hard drive to use externally in the past.

If you don't see the drive in Disk Utility as suggested, then we need to look more at your hardware. You may have a faulty USB cable, or something wrong with the circuit board inside the USB case itself. Maybe the drive simply is not connected properly inside the case.
QUOTE Thanks