View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boullan View Post
Thread resurrection!

So, I finally got myself a Samsung SSD 840 Pro, and a bootable 8 Gb USB stick with Mavericks ready to rockíníroll.

Seeing how Snow Leopard seems to be going out of style, though, Iím considering maybe NOT buying the Snow Leopard installation CD after all (as I had originally planned -- see my earlier posts in this thread), and instead go straight to Mavericks.

Question: Is this possible? Put in the SSD, and then immediately install Mavericks from the USB stick? Or does the bootable USB stick require that a functioning OS X is already installed on the SSD...?
You can go ahead and install Mavericks straight from the USB stick. There is no need to have a functioning installation on the SSD first. When booting up the computer, be sure to hold down the option key to get a list of bootable volumes, then select the Mavericks installer.
QUOTE Thanks