View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Nice article but I disagree with his step 8. My phone is so I can receive calls... by turning off cellular when in weak areas, (airplane mode) I lose that ability. What's the sense of having the phone with me then? (Granted the weak area call may be spotty, but at least I've made contact.) Also, I'm not so sure I agree with his reasoning for not terminating apps. I'll need to test that for myself.

Not everyone uses their phone the same way, so what may work for me may not necessarily work for someone else.
Well I think he's talking more about extreme situations where acquiring and maintaining a signal is very difficult to impossible. I think it may be a practical idea when traveling through zones with very poor or no service, or when in a building where you wouldn't be expecting to use your phone anyway. We aren't allowed to use our cell phones at work and mine stays in a locker for 8 or more hours, though I might check it on break. Obviously one should weigh the ups and downs and your immediate situation before implementing that tip.
QUOTE Thanks