View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli.krahulec View Post
Curious why 80%? Doubt I'm below that, have had the threatening messages saying I was running critically low...
Approx 80% full (~20% free space) is just an approximate area that seems to work well. Obviously 20% free on an 80gig drive is going to be much different than 20% free on a 1 terabyte drive.

If you're getting that warning message...then your drive is way way too full...and you better start deleting or offloading items NOW! Not only is this probably one of the major reasons for the computer to seem slow...if the drive gets completely full...your computer will lock up...and you won't be able to do anything!!!

Quote:
I have a back-up HD external now that I am SLOWLY moving my files over onto.
Excellent idea!

Quote:
Also, 2 more questions:
Can I upgrade the chip?
Suggestions on SSD to install?
Nope. Can't upgrade the chip. As far as the SSD. Why not do everything mentioned above (especially the HD stuff)...and see how things feel (speed). I bet its going to fell much better once you get the HD space worked out, run Onyx, upgrade the ram, and reboot the computer regularly.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks