View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
When I clicked on the TM logo in the Dock, I got a Star Wars desktop with copies of a Finder Window (Desktop folder) receding into a black hole. At the bottom, it said "Cancel", "Current", and something else. Everything was still slow. I canceled. Is this the screen you go to in order to get something out of Time Machine? It sure doesn't seem that the SP TM panel is the place for that.
That's where you go to restore a particular Time Machine backup or data from a Time Machine backup. When you were in the "Star Wars" mode, did you notice on the right side of the screen that there were dates that showed up in a sort of purple red color? Clicking on any one of those dates will bring up a Finder like view of the backup you made on that date. It's from there that you would do a restore.
QUOTE Thanks