View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tevie View Post
Thanks again, guys. Good advice and I shall heed it. But the fact still remains that I can't do the drag 'n drop thing. I have tried using smaller SD cards (not SDHC Micro cards in an adaptor), I have tried various sized USB sticks and 2 external hard drives connected by a USB lead and in all cases, when I highlight the file that I want to copy from the desktop to the storage device, as soon as I drag the file into the storage folder a white circle with a diagonal bar through it appears and it isn't possible to copy the file.
Any clues?
Cheers,
Steve.
Ok, first off, where exactly are these files located? How big are they? Highlight one that won't move, then press CMD-I to get an info sheet.

How exactly are the "normal" SD cards formatted? Select one in Finder and press CMD-I to get the info sheet. See my screen cap for an example. And are they even "normal"? Where did you get them? What specific brand/model?

screenshot_01.jpg
QUOTE Thanks