Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
04-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by Slydude
Your smartphone may not run circles around mainframes but they certainly run circles around the Apple I/II and similar models.
When I saw this I thought...today's smartphones have got to be pretty fast...but where the cut-off was I didn't know. I did some searching...and came across this (cpu benchmark list for Geekbench 3):
Mac Benchmarks - Geekbench Browser
If I'm understanding things correctly...the Geekbench 3 scores are comparable between Apple computers and iOS devices. So according to the scores (from a cpu only perspective)...an iPhone 5s has slightly more/same cpu processing power than a 13" Early 2010 MacBook Pro.
- iPhone 5s (multicore: 2 cores) Geekbench 3 score of 2406
- Early 2010 13" MacBook Pro (multicore: 2 cores) Geekbench 3 score of 2400
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery