View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedur218 View Post
I am not too concerned about the weight - as the macbook pros are pretty light..
Ok great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedur218 View Post
I think I am concerned about burning out the 15" with the heavy usage and it constantly being plugged into an eternal monitor.
Many many folks use laptop computers 100% of the time...so I don't think there should be concerns about wearing or burning it out. They are built to be used this way.

Other than physical accidents that happen with laptops (basically because they are mobile/portable). If I was choosing between a laptop or an iMac (for example)...I really wouldn't have any expectation that the iMac would last longer than a MacBook Pro (due to number of hours of use or computing demands put on it). Just avoid physical accidents & liquid spills...and things are good.

I have a 2011 17" MacBook Pro that I always have connected to a 30" Apple Cinema Display...no problamo.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks