View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitsfan View Post
Okay -- here's an update. after I posted this I had the thought that maybe my internet connection had something to do with this; so I turned off the wi-fi and disconnected the ethernet cable, and it went to sleep.
The same thing can happen to me from time to time. It can happen depending on what web pages are currently active on the computer.

When you walk away/leave it alone...and if there are very "busy" webpages open that have lots of advertising videos that change/download every few minutes...I think that this "fools" the computer into thinking that there is activity on the computer...and it doesn't go to sleep. I've also found it happens if I'm doing internet gaming...and if I'm logged out due to inactivity...the open game client seems to fool the computer as well.

Bottom line. Some sort of open web page is probably doing it (advertising videos, flashy banners, etc.). Advertisers/web page designers are getting trickier & trickier. Especially the advertising videos that can no longer be stopped or paused.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks