View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsontrail View Post
Whoever told me about Rosetta enabling Eudora to work on Lion must have been mistaken.

I'll stick with 10.6.8. Eudora works on it with or without Rosetta.

I have tons of stuff stored in Eudora. It got corrupted, so I stopped using it for emailing but needed to able to access the stored stuff.

I got a solicitation on my laptop (also 10.6.8) to install Rosetta, saw no harm, so I installed it. It uncorrupted Eudora.

With that success, I installed Rosetta on my desktop, thinking it would uncorrupt Eudora there too. It didn't.

I have no old apps that are dependent on Rosetta. I'll stick with 10.6.8 until I no longer need the stuff that's stored in Eudora.
As long as you are tethering yourself to this, you are at a dead end when it comes to your OS and upgrade options. You won't be able to buy a new Mac. You can't get a fancy new iPhone and use iCloud to sync between that and your current Mac. You are effectively locked in time. Is Eudora unable to export what you need to access so it can be loaded in something more up-to-date?

Here's a link discussing how to import data from Eudora, in case this helps you out. Bear in mind that Thunderbird is no longer under development, BUT it is much more current that Eudora is.
Importing from Eudora (Thunderbird - MozillaZine Knowledge Base)

Another option is to get Snow Leopard Server and run that in a virtual machine using VMWare or VirtualBox. You can access Eudora via the VM then no matter what OS is actually running on your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks