View Single Post
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying Apple items at Best Buy (or other non-Apple retailers). The deal is (IMHO)...getting repairs done...you''re MUCH better off having Apple do it. Especially if you have active Applecare (which was the OP's question).
I would never let the folks at Best Buy touch any of my Apple products to do a repair. I've had such a horrible experiences with getting repairs through Best Buy, I won't even elaborate lest I go on a venting rampage!

Your AppleCare warranty is good at any Apple brick and mortar store, or via telephone.
1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753)
You can even purchase an extended AppleCare plan someplace other than where you purchase your Apple product. And that isn't a bad idea, because you can find extended AppleCare cheaper from places like Amazon:
Amazon.com: applecare

There is one instance though where you should only purchase from the Apple online store. And that's when you are purchasing "Apple factory refurbished" products. Apple's factory refurbished products are almost always indistinguishable from new, and they usually carry a good discount:
Refurbished and Clearance iPod, iPad & Mac Products - Free Shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)
You will find "refurbished" Apple items at Apple brick and mortar stores, and at Apple authorized stores, but they are a huge crapshoot. They aren't refurbished by an Apple factory and they could be someone else's lemon.
On the other hand, purchasing a product that is factory refurbished from Apple's online store is something that I highly recommend (assuming that the product you want is available refurbished.)

Randy B. Singer

Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
QUOTE Thanks