View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_wurm View Post
I already checked on ebay - the bummer is that the only ones available at a reasonable price (used around 50$ - they still sell them new for up to 250$!!!) are located in the US and are very expensive to ship to europe (60$)...
100% complete and working 30" Apple Cinema Displays still commonly sell for between $400-$600 on e-Bay here in the US. If you can find a stand for this monitor for $50...GET IT...since this is actually a very good price for just the stand (compared to the total value of the monitor).

Obviously shipping to Europe is expensive...which means you need to keep shopping in your "area" (Europe and/or the UK)...until a stand becomes available at a decent price.

And of course...if you can find a non-working 30" Apple Cinema display for a very good price...then just remove the stand...and use it.

Also (as far as I know)...I don't think that the 30" Apple Cinema is capable of using a VESA mount. I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display...and there are no mounting points on the back of the case for a VESA mount.

Finally...if you're creative (which I like to think I am)...or maybe I'm just resourceful...temp. solutions can be made. Maybe not pretty...but functional. You could make a wood frame that fits around the perimeter of the monitor...then make a wooden foot/stand that attaches to this frame. BAMM...you're good to go!

Then when you find an original stand...you install it & discard the wooden frame/stand.

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks