Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
03-27-2014, 08:46 PM
If you got a $1000 budget...the 27" Apple Thunderbolt monitor seems a great choice to me. It has some nice convenience features. Such as
- built-in speakers
- if you use it with Apple laptops...they can get their power directly from the monitor (no external laptop power supply...MagSafe...needed).
- built-in camera & microphone
You can get a 27" Dell monitor (same resolution) that I think uses the same IPS display panel...and costs less ($700-$800)...but you do lose some of the convenience features of the Apple display.
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery