Thread: Magic Trackpad.
View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdotdot View Post
Here's the scenario, which may sound ridiculous. I want to know if It'll be usable resting on my thigh (how my workspace is configured dictates this). That is, will I be able to use the 'click' feature? I heard that it needs a solid surface to 'click', which a thigh isn't. I can't use a hard surface (table) because the angle of it cuts into my wrist and the only comfortable position my thigh.
There are two ways to "click" with a Magic Trackpad (just like with a laptop trackpad):

- tap to click
- physical click

You certainly could do the "tap to click" with the Magic Trackpad on your thigh...but what you mentioned about the Magic Trackpad needing a hard-flat surface for doing physical clicks is true. There are two little "nub-like" feet on the bottom front edge (nearest to the user) that need a hard flat surface to actuate properly. A soft-rounded surface like a human thigh will not work well for this.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks