View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Do you think i should still buy an old model knowing that it will phase out in the next months? or should i just wait and buy a retina one? I do a little bit of photo editing (nothing crazy), record music, and normal computer stuff. any recommendations anyone? cheers!
As Nick stated, no one really knows what Apple will do in the future. However, this is my personal opinion, and only MY opinion.... Apple will probably drop the standard 13" MacBook Pro from the next refresh of the MacBook Pro line. Apple has slowly been moving away from upgradeable portable computers and even with some of their desktops.

None of the retina models nor MacBook Air models are upgradeable and even the 21.5" iMac desktops are not able to be upgraded. If you want a standard MacBook Pro 13" model, buy it now or do like Nick advised in his reply.
QUOTE Thanks