View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
I was wondering if Time Machine can use two different hd to back up data? What I mean by this is can I use one hd with Time Machine to say back up my iMac and then a second hd with Time Machine to back up my external drive that holds my pictures?
Yes, you can. I have two external hard drives for Time Machine backups and can alternate between them. You can set them both up in Time Machine preferences. You can also have one Time Machine drive for just backing up your Mac and the other for backing up your external hard drive. Make sure you name the drives so that you always know which will backup what. Otherwise you may overwrite a backup with the wrong one.
QUOTE Thanks