View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
Witness the many non-profit corporations.
I think you just touched on something important - corporations are commonly divided into profit/non-profit because profit generation is the main determiner of what constitutes the goals for a corporation. In other words, profit is inextricably linked to what characterizes a corporation. That doesn't really have much to do with anything here other than that Apple very much falls into the "for profit" sector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
Apple has profit as a major part of its vision, but it isn't the sole goal, and I believe that was the message Tim Cook was trying to get accross.
Profit certainly is the sole goal though. While the company pursues other ventures, they're all done in the pursuit of generating products to sell for a profit. For example, building a new factory that is environmentally "green" is done so that the company grows and makes more money. Otherwise, why would you build a new factory? For example, Apple's Maiden data center may be very "green" (see here) but it was designed and built to help drive revenue growth and not as some exhibition for how Apple is environmentally conscious to the exclusion of financial growth. In other words, all parts of the corporate vision ultimately feed into the fiscal one.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks