View Single Post
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I think something that is often forgotten is a corporation is not by default a profit producing engine. A corporation is a legal construct whereby people band together and pool their resources, talents and labor to accomplish a common vision. That vision may only be to maximize ROI, but it doesn't have to be. Witness the many non-profit corporations.

Apple has profit as a major part of its vision, but it isn't the sole goal, and I believe that was the message Tim Cook was trying to get accross.

EDIT: I wouldn't want to be treated by an MD whose only goal was maximum ROI. The unfortunate truth is most of us have to labor to eat, pay the bills and keep a roof over our heads. If we are truly fortunate we can achieve those ends through laboring at something we find interesting and fulfilling.
And, I believe we all benefit when we are served by people who would do what they do if they were rich enough to not have to work.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks