View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I don't actually believe that Apple doesn't put profits first (they're a business after all with a huge profit margin) but I do believe that they do put other things first before massive profits some of the time. Then again, at least they believe in climate change, something that "think tank" decided was worthy of quotation marks as if it wasn't real. I'm going to warn you - if you value your brain, tread lightly.

The first line of that press release gets me:
Quote:
At today's annual meeting of Apple shareholders in Cupertino, California, Apple CEO Tim Cook informed investors that are primarily concerned with making reasonable economic returns that their money is no longer welcome.
Evidently, this person doesn't realize that Apple very much is concerned with making returns on their investments and distribution. How could you make that conclusion about a company that sells goods for a pretty penny?

My favourite part though is this:
Quote:
The National Center's shareholder resolution noted that "[s]ome trade associations and business organizations have expanded beyond the promotion of traditional business goals and are lobbying business executives to pursue objectives with primarily social benefits. This may affect Company profitability and shareholder value."
Oh no, wouldn't want to care about people now would we? This statement is nothing short of violent - pursuing profits to the discrediting of work done to help social causes.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks