View Single Post
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
One thing I like about the newer Sigma lenses is their minimalist design - they look really classy.
Yea I like the newer mono color scheme. Its very professional looking IMHO. Even the construction is just a step above many of the Canon EF lens. Despite the lens telescoping out, its not wobbly or loose and does not suffer from any lens creep. Even the supplied lens hood has a positive lock feel to it.

Quote:
Results look sharp as well.
Over on DP Review, they claimed 17mm was to soft and disappointing. I am not sure what they were testing this lens on. But I tested it on a Rebel T3i (600D) and it looked great. Pixel peeping it came in on par with my two Prime Lens, one of which is the EF 85mm from Canon. I even did some night test with it tonight. Its still not the best night lens, it sure is a step above the kit lens. IMHO, this is the best sub $500 kit lens replacement/upgrade for Canon APS-C cameras on the market in this zoom range. It has better lighting, better optics and better construction.

Quote:
I did promise to get some shots from my Tamron 24-70 up but haven't done so yet. I'll have a go this afternoon.
Yea I am still waiting on those. Still looking forward to that.

Exodist Photography on Youtube
Lightroom, Photoshop video tutorials and more...
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks