View Single Post
halfmonkey

halfmonkey is on a distinguished road

I'm curious to know what speed you guys are purchasing for your home internet? I'm currently subscribed to a mid-level package that says I should be getting about 25 mbps on downloads and 5 mbps on uploads. I checked on speediest.net and it's saying that I'm getting about 30 download and about 5 upload. I'm thinking about updating my package to the next level which would be about a $20 jump and the speeds would be double, about 50mbps download and 10 mbps upload.

My question is if we would actually see a noticeable difference? I'm asking because we just switched to an Apple Airport Extreme and as I understand it, it doesn't prioritize speed to the device that requires it such as for streaming movies or playing multiplayer games online. I also recently tried to make a reservation on-line for an event and my system was so slow that I could get a reservation. I do realize that part of this slowness during the reservation was due to the servers for the reservation system being overwhelmed but I can't help but wonder if I had a faster connection, would it have helped. I also play COD Ghosts and notice some lag some times. Don't know if it's on my end or the server but it's there.

What do you guys think?
QUOTE Thanks