View Single Post
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Wow this debate over something I said.. :-p
Its true the iMacs are not the best displays, then again the NECs cost about 1400 USD. However even ASUS makes a great pre calibrated 27" IPS LED monitor calibrated to 99% of Adobe RGB and 100% sRGB with full CYMK control for 899 USD.
But my post was geared more to the computers hardware side and I wasn't fully thinking about the monitor. That said, most professional photographers that I know of and follow do use iMacs and Mac Pros both for their post processing. So they can't be that bad. They may however lack on the graphics side for professional printing. As that if I am not mistaken requires a separate preset for the monitor. Which is why the Mac Pro was my choice for commercial graphics design (i.e Magazines and such). But for web graphics and general photography. The iMac displays are fine.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks