View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayahead View Post
Thanks again for the follow up. I bought the phone new originally from Orange, but they screwed up right from the start (put 10 on a Pay as You Go contract the day I bought it but the amount never registered and it appeared that I had lost it) Only by threatening legal action was the problem solved. I eventually switched to 02 and never had any problems. I did go to Orange with this problem, so I don't understand why they did not suggest switching back and buying a new SIM card. The phone can be fully charged but a "No Service" message appears in the top left hand corner. I cannot even use it just as a phone. When switched on all my Apps icons appear but I obviously cannot use those requiring internet access. Something else I don't understand, if it was unlocked previously, why does it need to be unlocked again? There may be a simple answer but at my age (74) I a not technical enough to comprehend. However many thanks for your assistance. Everything helps
If it was unofficially locked using a hack, then the vulnerabilities used to unlock it were patched in iOS 7.

Here's a website that spells out what it (should) take to get an iPhone unlocked on Orange:
How to unlock your iPhone from O2, Orange, Three, T-Mobile or Vodafone | Ken's Tech Tips

If you have trouble with the people at one Orange store, try going to one of their other stores.

EDIT: One other thought... if you know someone who is on Orange, maybe you can get them to take it in for you and get it unlocked.
QUOTE Thanks