View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayahead View Post
Thank you for your reply. Yes I went to an Orange store. They said that as I was not a customer that they could not do anything and nor could they raise an invoice for any service for the same reason. I cannot believe that I am the first person with this problem , nor can I believe that the mighty Apple and Orange cannot rectify this.
You didn't tell me what problems you are having with the iPhone, besides it not being unlocked. So I assume the iPhone does (seemingly) work fine, you just can't activate it?

It's not that Apple "can't" unlock it. They likely are contractually obligated to not unlock devices sold under contract and leave it to the carrier to do so once the terms are fulfilled under that carrier's contract with the customer. Yes, it is silly that Orange won't do it since you aren't a customer, and maybe they won't because whoever sold it to you hadn't yet fulfilled the terms of the contract that they bought it under.

Your options are to either become a customer (see if they will unlock it if you buy a cheap pre-paid SIM card, or something like that), or re-sell it on the condition that it is usable (for now) only on Orange.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks