View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFatKidGT View Post
Exactly what I mean the 16gb single module is just coming out and the reason I mentioned the iMac is because OS X obviously supports 32gb... its not like windows where you need the premium version to support 32, OS X 10.8 and 10.9 support 32 so I'm wondering...
It's not about what OS X will support. It's about:

- What an individual computer model will support in terms of it's design.
- Will an individual computer models EFI support it.
- Will ram manufacturers make a 16gig ram module that's compatible with the particular computer in question (not all ram modules fit all models).

The bottom line is...if the current max. ram for a computer model is 16gig...no one at this point knows if 2 x 16gig will work. Maybe it will...maybe it won't.

When (and if) 16gig ram modules are made and are compatible (will fit) with a particular computer model...you can either:

- be the "first person on the block" to purchase the ram (2 x 16gig) and test to see if it works. And it's not just about it "working for 5 minutes"...it's about "real" stability (days, weeks, etc.).
- wait until someone else tests it. Usually someone like OWC or Everymac.com will test things quickly...and then they update their databases (max. ram for a particular model) if a change is necessary.

* Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks