Thread: Mac Newbie
View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracalo View Post
You misunderstand me. Never, but I care for my friends and family I don't want to "help" spread viruses or other malware.
We are going of topic and I hope we can close this discussion or move it somewhere else.
We're actually not going off topic. The OP asked about virus protection...and folks commented.

Do you really think that this is our first discussion regarding Macintosh computers & virus protection??...hardly.

The only thing anti-virus programs do for Macintosh computers is slow them down. Macintosh computers (at this time) do not need anti-virus programs. We are very very very very very experienced on this topic.

We wouldn't suggest NOT using an anti-virus program on Macintosh computers...unless we had facts to back it up.

Your family is not unique in that it has a mix of Windows & Mac's. Lots of our members have the same situation. A virus from a Windows computer is not going to spread to a Mac computer.

The only reason you are being challenged on this topic is...you recommended to the OP that they run anti-virus on their Mac. And the collective wisdom on this Macintosh internet forum is...anti-virus is NOT needed (at this time) on Macintosh computers.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks