Thread: Mac Newbie
View Single Post
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracalo View Post
I would suggest antivirus because of your windows friends with no antivirus you can help them spread viruses, but with installed antivirus you can prevent. I have on my mac antivirus and I get many times notice for viruses on usb drives which came from windows users.
Sophos Antivirus for Mac is free or F secure which cost around $30 are just few of them.
Why would you recommend someone burden their Mac with stuff that has, IMO, no benefit or protection to them but other people??

If you REALLY are sharing drives amongst Windows users and want to do them a service, I'd suggest ClamXav instead. It is a virus scanner that you can run on demand when you need. So run it on the USB flash drive and move on.

There is absolutely no need to be running (and paying for) an always-on virus scanner..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks