12-10-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm new here. Possibly this information is allready here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
So I have problems with my mbp. I got it after it was spilled water on it. I changed the keyboard and cleaned it. It started working. With battery it worked as it should. I didn't have magsafe at this time. Soon the battery needed to be charged. A week ago I bought a 60w magsafe. I connected it to mbp and nothing happened. No lights, nothing.
I disconnected the battery and pressed the powerbutton for ten seconds, while connecting the magsafe and after that pushed the power button again, and it started. This mode has some name, but apparently it is some kind of safe mode that overrides something. The fan is spinning full speed.
So do you have any suggestions, where the problem could be? Faulty dc in board? When battery had power, everything seemed to be fine.
Maybe it's the battery, but why the magsafe isn't showing any lights?
I noticed when I was cleaning the inside that one of the wires going from dc in board to logic board had been damaged mechanically. It looked like it had been stuck under logic board when the screws were tightened (sorry my bad english, hard to explain this). Wires insulation broken and the wire was possibly exposed, possibly the insulation was so thin that the wire could be seen. Or maybe the wire was broken. It was a grey wire. There were few black wires and two grey ones. Maybe it is this that causes problems?
Thank you allready.