View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Any kind of graphic intensive game is going to heat up the CPU and thus drive the fan to higher RPMs. Also keep in mind that your GPU is integrated within the logic board chipset structure and that too will get hot during games. All quite normal. Make sure your MBP is on a flat surface where the air can flow beneath and around it. I recommend using a notebook stand - not only does one help cooling, it also provides some protection against nasty spills.

Upgrades... not much you can do to upgrade your machine except maybe to swap out the hard drive for a fast SSD. I believe your memory is maxed out at 8 GB.
QUOTE Thanks