View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Usage statistics and sales figures prove nothing as to what may or may not be the best of any particular item. Or else Ferrari or Maserati might be at the top of both of those charts.

I'll agree with Flavacraze that the new Asus Nexus is a very nice tablet.
I'll also agree that you can buy an iPad with confidence.

I recommend 3 tablets
1. Kindle Fire HDX (or HD) for those that will only consume and is by far the easiest device to use.

2. iPad for those that can afford it - a lot easier to use than any Android tablet - more apps available than any other mobile operating system and can do more with it than any other. I can't see anyone being disappointed receiving an iPad.

3. Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013 model) - a nice tablet and very nice for the price - Android is more customizable - for those that want to waste (err, spend) time doing that sort of thing and a great many more of the major apps available than there are for the Kindle brand - it can have a much steeper learning curve than either of the first two - depending on what a user wants to do with it.

edit:
I have owned all three of the above. Still have a Kindle Fire HD and a Nexus 7.
If someone were to give me the new iPad mini - The Nexus 7 would be for sell the next day.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks