View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryfromglos View Post
When I DO use it in bed I put it on top of a heavy book. I just didn't think the keyboard is meant to get warm, only the hinges and the underside. The trackpad sometimes gets warm too even though I use an external mouse
There is no insulation that is purposely placed between the keyboard & the rest of the computer to keep the keyboard cool. The keyboard certainly shouldn't get as warm/hot as the bottom of the computer. But if the bottom of the computer gets warm/hot...some of that heat is bound to warm up the rest of the computer as well (including the keyboard).

The 11" MBA is only about 1" thick. The bottom of the computer cannot be 150, 160, or 170F...and the keyboard not warm up at all. That heat has got to go somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryfromglos View Post
I just didn't think the keyboard is meant to get warm, only the hinges and the underside.
Again I ask where did this info come from? Unless it came from a trusted Apple document or an Apple engineer...then this is just conjecture.

There is "normal warm"...and then there is "uncomfortably warm".

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks