Thread: The SSD Thread
View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
Great purchase! Did you see the 1tb Seagate 840 the other day for under 500?
Is that Seagate or Samsung? If the latter, that particular SSD I'm a little wary of because I understand it uses TLC NAND which has far fewer write cycles, meaning that it will be one of the most short-lived SSDs on the market.

Also, I try to avoid patronizing Samsung in any way possible.

Quote:
There have been some good SSD deals this week. I know the feeling of "elbow room". I went from my MBA with the tiny 64gb to a new rMBP with 256gb. Night and day difference, and not only in size. This thing is fast!!!

Speed test the m500 yet?
Not yet. Any good tools you know of for benchmarking SSDs on the Mac?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks