Thread: The SSD Thread
View Single Post
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Cyber Monday got the best of me... I've been watching the Crucial m500 gradually drop in price over the last several months. When the 480gb dropped down to $269, I couldn't help myself and bought an early Christmas gift (my wife and I aren't exchanging this year because of a forthcoming vacation). Just finished installing it in my MBP - and while performance is comparable to the M4 that it replaced, it sure is nice to have some more elbow room! That 256gb M4 was starting to feel a bit cramped.
Great purchase! Did you see the 1tb Seagate 840 the other day for under 500? There have been some good SSD deals this week. I know the feeling of "elbow room". I went from my MBA with the tiny 64gb to a new rMBP with 256gb. Night and day difference, and not only in size. This thing is fast!!!

Speed test the m500 yet?

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks