Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
11-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by mrblue
I need to wipe my macbook hard drive but cannot seem to get my machine to boot from superdrive or even usb when connected to my external display...
Now here is where things get confusing again. In your first post in this thread you wrote what I quoted above. In that statement:
- You said "MacBook"...when you seem to be working on a broken "MacBook Air". MacBook's and MacBook Air's are completely different Apple laptop models.
- You said "hard drive"...when you are actually trying to wipe an "SSD" on a MacBook Air. These devices are different.
- You mentioned a "Superdrive". Since MacBook Air's do not have an internal Superdrive...can we assume you are using an external Superdrive?
- The broken display detail wasn't explained until we were 8 posts into the thread. So there was no clear reason (initially) why an external display was being used.
Do you see how confusing this thread has been?? It's like someone is trying to tell me that 1+1+1=7!
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery