View Single Post
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Wow hmm.. you have a lot to learn Let's see.. yes you can learn PHP/MySQL on a Mac. My whole business is based upon PHP and MySQL so I would give you a resounding yes on that

As for learning.. there are a lot of sites and books out there on PHP and MySQL so I would purchase a book. That is the way that I tought myself way long time ago

And as for php run site needs to be run from a computer that is always on.. it doesnt matter what type of site it is.. the computer needs to be on! Otherwise what computer are people going to access to get your site? A site is stored on a server.. people access that server to view your site.. if the server/computer is not on... they can't access it

Oh and titles hmmm.. books I like are PHP Developer's Cookbook, or MySQL / PHP Database Applications are just two of them. There are a lot out there, and those are old ones, but I do believe they have newer versions out there. Just go to Amazon.com and do a search for php and mysql and you'll find plenty
QUOTE Thanks