View Single Post
Lutyens

Lutyens is on a distinguished road

I have an iPad 1 running iOS 4.2.1.

On this iPad are photos which iPhotos on my MacBook does not read and so I cannot 'release' them from the iPAD to the MacBook.

The original MacBook which was synched to the iPad has died so I cannot go back to that option.

Apps to help me download photos from the iPad will not work as they require iOS higher than 4.3 or above. If I upgrade my iPad iOS Apple cannot guarantee that my photos will not be deleted during the upgrade process.

Photo capture does not read the photos either.

Apple suggested that I email each photo to myself from the iPad. There are 5,000 photos, so this is completely un-realistic. Another Apple suggestion was to use a PC - which I will do - but having bought a new MacBook to try to solve my problem this was not what I wanted to hear.

I found a piece of demo software called iExplorer which reads more photos than iPhoto alone - but it does not read all the photos on the iPad. I am reluctant to spend money on the full version as I am almost sure that the full version will not read more photos than the free demo version.

I am stuck in a very complex trap here within Apple hardware and software upgrades. Apple cannot help me any further, although I will be writing to them as this situation is just unacceptable.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome. Many Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks