View Single Post
Checco

Checco has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac Mid-2011 ~ 15" MBP Mid-2012 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 5 16GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Good question. Looking through the app bundle, there's a folder called "Resources" that is 1.2 GB in size. In here is a whole collection of stuff that the app needs including localization files and pictures (there's a 10MB picture in there for example of wood panelling). The biggest files in there are a collection of databases, one of which is called "PointOfInterest.db" which is 253.4MB. What that is is beyond me but I imagine it has something to do with the geolocation of pictures...maybe?
That was fast! Drive capacity allows for inclusion of heaps of files...10MB for a picture of a wood panel? Wow. Graphics guys will be happy! Will check it out tomorrow...in this time zone it's bed time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
MS makes some pretty solid development tools. To this day, I still think that Visual Studio is the best development environment (that may be partly nostalgic though since I started coding with VB6).
Don't really know VS, have only played around a little, but I've generally heard good things. I'm a Delphi guy, brought up on it starting '99 and still going strong! Me and the other 0.001% of developers
QUOTE Thanks