View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Which is disappointing to say the least, particularly with the battery. It's now clear that this wasn't just a mistake in design, but a very deliberate move to keep users from even replacing the wear components.
I'm with you 100% Chris. If a person keeps a laptop computer long enough...a new battery eventually will be needed.

I'm assuming the battery in the newest rMBP is still a 1000 cycle battery...which is still a lot of cycles...and should take a while to accumulate under average usage patterns.

But even if the original owner doesn't need to replace the battery...what about owner #2, #3, etc. In other words...someone like me who only buys used?? Someone along the line will eventually need to get a new battery.

Of course if the cost of a replacement battery from a 3rd party supplier...and the cost of a new battery from Apple (installed) is about the same...then that wouldn't be too big of a deal! We shall see.

- Nick

p.s. This possibility is sort of the case with Unibody MacBook Pro's. The cost of a battery replacement (installed)...is about the same as what a replacement battery used to cost for older Mac laptops with the user replaceable battery's ($129).

Of course users were/are able to replace the batteries in Unibody MBP's...Apple just wanted us to think we couldn't!

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks