View Single Post
Checco

Checco has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac Mid-2011 ~ 15" MBP Mid-2012 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 5 16GB

I tend to disagree with you guys.
  1. Iris is not what discrete used to be, Google for benchmarks and tests, you'll be surprised. Processor speeds have also come down - is this a bad thing? No, sometimes "less" is actually more.
  2. A Retina display is the way of the future. Like it or not, your 52" home TV will also eventually be Retina. For those who prefer CRT, I'm sure you'll still find one somewhere.
  3. Max. out RAM from the start. Okay, it costs a little more, but...so does anything else from Apple.
  4. SSD. Also the way of the future. Apple Care will cover anything that fails and as the rMBPs become more popular, more alternatives will become available. I'm guessing compatibility between rMBPs will be good. When I look at the 13" MBP listed with it's HDD, I for one can't help thinking that I'm looking at a relic.
  5. Pricing has come down, this is a good thing. If I compare what I paid for a mid-2012 MBP with hi-res screen, 8GB RAM and 750GB HDD, I think the stock rMBP at $1,999 is very well-priced, considering the display and SSD.
  6. Unfortunately, change is part of the world, particularly in sectors like these. The traditional PC as we know it, be it desktop or portable is changing. Cue the iPad with a 64-bit processor and we can expect to see a merge of the two sooner rather than later.
  7. I think a Pro user is defined by someone who requires performance, rather than someone who likes to get under the hood. For someone with a non-Pro requirement, but likes to tinker, the 13" MBP remains for now. And for the true Pro, there's the new Mac Pro, which at the size and form factor is actually quite portable.

Personally, I'd go out and get one now, just difficult to justify with a one-year old MBP15 sitting in my rucksack.

Anyway, that's my 5 cents'...
QUOTE Thanks