View Single Post
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

Welcome to Mac-Forums!

OS X comes with a pre loaded software. Many of which are iApps (iChat, iMovie, iPhoto, etc.) as well as other ones like Safari and Mail. These should be plenty useful for your standard computing needs (email, pictures, video editing, browser, etc.).

For "power users", the same apps that are available for windows are also available for the mac os. Adobe creative suite, Macromedias creative suite, MS Office. If you can setup Open Office i would recommend it. Takes a bit more than standard installations, but its much more stable than MS Office. Plus it supports the open source community software, which I highly back.

Other software like games are usually available for both platforms. The big ones at least, Blizzard, Aspyr, etc. you can find a lot of third party apps and games at:

macupdate
versiontracker
mac game files

I'm sure you'll grow to love you mac like everyone else here! ...
"its an inevitability"
-Agent Smith

QUOTE Thanks