View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

The LCD looks intact (looks like it's just broken free of the surround but there are too many variables to say if it's OK. Much depends on whether the dis-assembly goes of. It's not for the faint hearted or impatient.

Have a look here for the iFixit guide

Before going too far down the line and ordering parts I'd suggest getting a repair quote from a local repairer and or Apple. Could end up being cheaper than getting a new rear cover, screen, digitizer etc.

Not sure about the US but in the UK there are reputable companies that will do iPad/iPhone repairs including parts and labour (using genuine parts) cheaper than I can buy the parts retail

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks