View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
That's great news. Diabetes is a destructive disease which can subtract years from one's life plus all the side effect problems it causes for the human body.
No kidding. I work in healthcare and I see it all the time. My situation is more interesting (man am I about to go off on a tangent here). I'd been drinking sodas pretty regularly since 16 or so, though at times I've tried to quit. But I just couldn't shake the craving. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, though I really only took it seriously about 4 years ago when I found out how badly I had it (one of the most severe cases they've ever seen... I would have been dead in months at that point if I didn't get it under control) (as a side note, you may have noticed that I'm not as irritable here as I was when I first joined the forums). Now... one of the hallmarks of sleep apnea is a craving for carbs. I thought that was nonsense... "I just need to try harder", I told myself. About 3 months after I finally got the sleep apnea under control, I was drinking a soda when I looked at it, realized I didn't want it anymore, and put it away. That was almost 4 years ago and I have only had half of a single can since. I can't tolerate the stuff anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that sodas are one of the biggest health hazards in this country today. I basically see that industry being where the cigarette industry was in the 50's or 60's. Denying denying denying how bad their product is for health, but secretly knowing that yeah, it is bad, but profits matter more. I think the country is slowly waking up to this.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks