View Single Post
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

When your iPhone negotiates with a router for connection, it "leases" an IP address from that router. "Renew Lease" means that the lease time for that IP has expired and that it needs to be renewed to gain Internet access.

You didn't say what cell phone provider you are using, but on my Verizon 4s there is a cellular IP assigned by Verizon to the cell data side. WiFi gets an IP from whatever hotspot it finds; in my home that's my WiFi router. So I have two IP addresses. What Ashwin suggested will eliminate the WiFi as the source of the renew lease message. If it goes away, the problem is with whatever router you are trying to use. If it reappears, it is the lease from you cellular provider that needs renewing.
QUOTE Thanks