View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I'd tend to agree with your assessment.

What I'm still not sure about, how many of the hard core gamers that actually spend the $2-$3k it takes to build a top of the line gaming system every 12-24 months have made the shift to using OS X as their primary OS.

Plus the fairly large bunch of overclockers and tweakers that also fit into that category (and require access to the system board firmware to do their magic) are going to consider any off the shelf system, much less a Mac.

I'm with you in that I'd like to see a Mac Pro or even an iMac with the top of the line i7 and the GTX 780 in it instead of the 780m that benchmarks at about half that of the desktop version. The iMac while an all in one, it's a desktop machine, figure out a way to put a blasted desktop GPU coupled with that 27" screen. I think they'd have a machine that at least a decent portion of those who've moved to OS X as their primary OS would be slobbering over themselves to get.

edit:
Of course, then Apple would have to deal with that group unfamiliar with high end GPUs that would be complaining it sounded like an airplane taking off every time they booted up their favorite game.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks