View Single Post
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Mac Pro's are designed for top-end "Powerusers" (or for anyone with a fat wallet). They are/were never meant for mainstream users.

Apple also mentioned that the new Mac Pro was designed with a 10 year lifespan in mind. I highly doubt anyone 10 years from now will call this computer "over-kill"!

- Nick
Well I agree to an extent. Overkill is the MacPro. But FirePro GPUs are expensive and really powerful. But not that well supported outside the 3D modeling and perhaps some high end video editing. They lack the features that gamers need. And although Mac in general are not normally considered a gaming machine even though some do use the current and older MPs as reliable gaming systems. I just see Apple loosing a huge chunk of the market by only offering the system with FirePro GPUs. However if they offered it with say top end Radeon GPUs. Then they still hit the high end workstation audience as well as the high end gaming audience. It just makes good sense.

I for one would love to be able to run one computer. I love my Mac but have a love hate relationship with my gaming PC. Its big, its bulky, it freaking runs windows.. Did I mention it needs windows.. Blah.. LOL.. And I have about 3k in that system.. Heck I have 1k in my Mac Mini plus the new SSD.. I would get the MacPro soon after it hits the market, but the FirePro GPUs are the breaker for me. :-(

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks