View Single Post
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I have just gone out and dropped $85 down for Aperture and now looking at some plugins and ive been in a email conversation with the ex Nik Software bloke Kevin La Rue who is now working for the Macphun Team with there ColorStrokes, FX PhotoStudio Pro and Snapheal Pro and others, and he says that without a doubt NIK Software Plugins for Aperture are the best out there.

Well i have got about 20 tabs open now in Safari, trying to find coupons and reading reviews on all the Plugins for PS, Aperture and LR.
Mike after some time, what do you think of the Perfect Photo Suite 7/7.5 ?? It seems i can get it for $129 and NIK is the same with a coupon, and the only Topaz one im looking at is De-Noise, so im just wanting a quick review, some Before/After shots with Perfect Photo Suite . . .
Whats the word, is it good at what it does, are you happy with it ?? Would you have gone elsewhere now in hindsight ?? Truths please lol
Not sure I know how to answer.

There is a vs 8 of Perfect Photo Suite coming out BTW. The advantage of Perfect Photo is that it is easy, mainly a bunch of presets you can apply to your pics.
I haven't played with it much, mainly because I've been distracted by my 60th Birthday present (Nikon V2) and Photoshop CS6.

But, since you asked, here is my reccomendation, and it really depends on the type of person you are (and I believe I have a good idea about you):

1) If you are interested in quick and easy results without having to invest a lot of time learning the package, Perfect Photo Suite
2) If you are more concerned in getting the most out of your pics, and are willing to take the time (believe this is you), then Nik or Topaz is probably a better choice

Hope any this is helpful

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks